By Laura Barsanti,Paolo Gualtieri
A single-source reference at the biology of algae, Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, moment Edition examines an important taxa and constructions for freshwater, marine, and terrestrial sorts of algae. Its accomplished insurance is going from algae's historic position via its taxonomy and ecology to its average product possibilities.
The authors have amassed an important quantity of recent fabric because the book of the 1st version. This thoroughly revised moment version includes many alterations and additions together with the following:
- All revised and rewritten tables, plus new figures, many in color
- A interesting new bankruptcy: Oddities and Curiosities within the Algal World
- Expanded details on algal anatomy
- Absorption spectra from all algal divisions, chlorophylls, and accent pigments
- Additional details on assortment, garage, and protection of algae
- Updated part on algal pollution and algal bioactive molecules
The book's unifying subject matter is at the vital position of algae within the earth's self-regulating lifestyles aid approach and its functionality inside of restorative versions of planetary well-being. It additionally discusses algae's biotechnological functions, together with power dietary and pharmaceutical items. Written for college kids in addition to researchers, lecturers, and execs within the box of phycology and utilized phycology, this new full-color version is either illuminating and encouraging.
Read Online or Download Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Second Edition PDF
Best marine biology books
Cutting edge tools of Marine surroundings recovery deals a ray of wish in an more and more gloomy situation. This ebook is the 1st presentation of innovative new tools for restoring broken marine ecosystems. It discusses new strategies for drastically expanding the recruitment, development, survival, and resistance to emphasize of marine ecosystems, fisheries, and eroding beaches, protecting biodiversity and productiveness the place it'd be misplaced.
David Mearns has came upon a few of the world's so much attention-grabbing and elusive shipwrecks. From the strong battlecruiser HMS Hood to the crumbling wood skeletons of Vasco da Gama's sixteenth century fleet, David has sought for and located dozens of sunken vessels in each ocean of the area. The Shipwreck Hunter is an account of David's such a lot exciting and engaging reveals.
Agile, smooth, and particular, sharks exhibit many features we will be able to appreciate and get pleasure from. those marvels of evolution have tailored to thrive in each significant aquatic realm on this planet, from frigid Arctic waters via temperate yet stormy seas and on into the tropics. notwithstanding, few locations on the earth are domestic to the fantastic range of shark species that decorate the shallow waters of Florida and the Bahamas.
- Fungi in Coastal and Oceanic Marine Ecosystems: Marine Fungi
- Paleontology and Neontology of Cephalopods: 012
- Identifying Marine Phytoplankton
- The Eastern Mediterranean as a Laboratory Basin for the Assessment of Contrasting Ecosystems (Nato Science Partnership Subseries: 2)
- Gulf of Mexico Origin, Waters, and Biota: Volume 2, Ocean and Coastal Economy (Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies Series, Sponsored by ... Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi)
- Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review, Volume 53 (Oceanography and Marine Biology - An Annual Review)
Additional info for Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Second Edition
Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Second Edition by Laura Barsanti,Paolo Gualtieri